God Has Big Plans for You!
(Discovering & Developing Your Unique, God Given Gifts)
Our summer retreat is just days away, and I couldn’t be more excited! In keeping with the summer sermon theme “A Future with Hope,” we will be focusing on the scriptures Jeremiah 29:11 and Matthew 25:14-30. God has big plans for each of us, not to harm us, but to bless us and prosper us. He has entrusted tremendous gifts to each of us. We will spend the four days and three nights digging deeper into the Word and ourselves.
We will be staying at a house owned by one of our members in our church, Bob Herd, who graciously is allowing us to use his house for the retreat. The house phone number is 252-586-6743. Please have your youth at the church on Thursday, June 21st at 9 am. The cost is $30 due by June 10th please. We will return home on Sunday, June 24th at approximately 5:00 pm.
Your youth will need to bring the following items:
- Signed Permission slip due this Sunday, June 10th. Parental Consent and Liability Release Form (Code) – Lakehouse
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Small carry-on bag with clothes and toiletry
- Two towels – one for lake/pool and one for shower
- water gun (if you don’t have one, I have extras)
- Snacks to share
- Journal for those who were just confirmed (We will be giving out journals to everyone else when they arrive.)